Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today's Dance



Waking to the sound of rain is the perfect start of any day. Many disagree with me, even those that spend most of their time indoors. I love the rain no matter my plans and more especially if I am to be outdoors. An additional challenge to overcome is not automatic ruination of the day.

I have a plaque on a file drawer in my office. It says, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." It greeted me this morning as a reminder and a promise. 

I'm not going to wait for anyone to accept, deny or break me. I will make it though the storm of the hour, day or week by learning and taking the problem in stride like a dance. I love learning so why would I wait for a rescue, a directive or a confrontation. None of those are my game. I'm straightforward, insistent and real. Dancing is celebratory and I took every step with determination and pride today. I could hear music get louder as the solution materialized and the crescendo was the smile on my face of a job well done.

Did it really rain today?

No, but there was a storm. And, I danced.   

I danced with my husband, son, co-workers and friends. I lived the day to what I could make it, soaked with raindrops, stumbling over my feet and moving to the beat of my own music. Yes, that's what life is suppose to be every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment