Thursday, April 15, 2010

Convergence of Wisdom

I am not smart but I enjoy being around intelligent, wise people and reading all kinds of information to compensate for my shortcomings. A recent company blog was echoed by someone I follow on twitter from the other side of the world. It’s sort of cool when things happen like that. When I read or hear it once, it’s interesting but when it is twice in two days from seemingly unattached sources, it makes me think I’m suppose to stop and listen. Both even mention Thomas Edison!

“We can choose to change our thoughts.”
“Are we allergic to change?”
“Failures sometimes produce results that are better than the original plan.”
“All those failures are just leading you to that one success.”

 I have failed. I will fail again.

“There are no failures, just experiences and your reactions to them.” – David Krause

A change of heart, change of mind came in a flash of lightning months ago and I’m just now realizing it as it manifests itself in the strangest ways. Heartbreaking, gut-wrenching frustration and anger gave way to an almost giddy, idealistic dream-state a few weeks ago. Actually, that manifestation is denial of failure and change. Now that I understand it for what it is, I can face it, stare it down and crush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment