Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Mountain

Usually, when I close my eyes, I can see your face full of calm, focus and serenity. I count on it always being there.


A week of tears, bad sleep and apologies blur your face now, even when I close my eyes. I can’t focus and I can’t breathe if I can’t see your face.


So I go for a walk with my eyes closed. Trekking to the top of the mountain at pre-dawn, I hear your footsteps behind me. Filtered sunrise shadows us as we take our seats on the rocks facing each other. You speak and your voice helps form your face in my mind. Ah, there you are.


The sun rises at the sound of your voice and I see your face. By listening to your voice, I can hold your face in my mind through sad tears, heartbreak and work. Don’t stop talking. I don’t want to come down off the top of our mountain when I open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment